Mustard and Maple Glazed Boneless Ham
Home > Recipes > Mustard and Maple Glazed Boneless Ham
|Dijon or stone ground mustard
||Black pepper, coarse ground
||Extra virgin olive oil
||Smithfield Naturally Hickory Smoked Boneless Pit Ham
For the Glaze:
- In a small saucepot, combine mustard and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce until mixture becomes thick and syrupy.
- Remove from heat.
For the Ham:
- Heat a conventional oven to 450°F.
- In a food processor, combine salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic. Process on high for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Score all sides of the ham with a paring knife, making shallow criss-cross cuts across the ham to create a diamond pattern. Place ham into a large baking pan.
- Rub garlic, oil, and pepper mixture thoroughly into the ham.
- Bake ham in the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cover ham with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil cover from ham and brush ham with mustard and maple glaze every 30 minutes for the remaining hour and a half or until the ham’s internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest before carving, approximately 5-10 minutes.