Smithfield Breakfast Sausage Gravy
Home > Recipes > Smithfield Breakfast Sausage Gravy
||Smithfield Breakfast Sausage, cooked and coarse crumbled (save 1 Tbsp grease)
||Milk, 1%, heated through
||Fresh black pepper
||Half & Half
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, add butter and 1 tablespoon of sausage grease, melt.
- Add crumbled Smithfield Breakfast Sausage followed by the all-purpose flour. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in heated milk while stirring - mixture should be lightly thickened.
- Add salt and fresh black pepper then fold in Half and Half.
- Pour mixture over freshly baked biscuits or blueberry buttermilk pancakes for a truly perfect Smithfield-style breakfast or brunch.